Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekly Menu 7-12 March

I made the mistake of asking Nick what he'd like to have this week as I was making out my menu. He threw two curve balls at me, so I'm going to be challenged a little. I just hit the commissary and think I have all I need. The menu making has made commissary trips so much nicer and easier. I know exactly what I need and get out!

Sunday: Crockpot french dip sandwiches and waffle fries
Monday: Chicken Pot Pie (curve ball number one.. I've never made this)
Tuesday: Stir fry with veggies and rice (Nick is cooking this one!)
Wednesday: Corned beef and cabbage
Thursday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus
Friday: He's promised to take me out
Saturday: Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches (the second curve ball)

Lucky for me, our daughter works at the snack bar at our bowling alley here on post. She makes cheesesteaks all the time. I'll solicit her help with this!

It's been a nasty weekend in more ways than one. Rainy, and Nick has had to work. Apparently there is an important training exercise going on that he must be involved in. It's part of being an Army wife, but it's one of the parts I hate. He also got word that he needs to be TDY (temporary duty for my non-military readers) for almost a month in April/May. Lovely. Didn't he JUST get back from deployment?  I shouldn't complain, it's not a war zone. I used to always say an occasional TDY is good for a marriage. Now I'm wishing for more time at home.

No comments:

Followers