Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekly Menu 14 - 20 March

I have struggled greatly with this week's menu. Partly because my mind is hitting a wall with creative cooking ideas, and partly because I just don't want to. I have a bad case of "I don't want to" lately. My house is a wreck, the laundry is piling up, and everything is a chore. I'm a little ticked because Nick is working a second weekend in a row.  Nobody offers to give Soldiers a comp day when they work 16 days in a row, but I knew that going in and I should just get over it.  I thought of going shopping today and springing for a pedicure, but even that holds no shine for me right now. So....I'll finish this grocery list and get myself to the store. Oh wait, that will require cleaning out the refrigerator..which will lead to taking out the garbage and more chores. Blah..seriously, does any of it sound fun?

Menu:
Sunday: meatloaf,  mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus (we didn't have this last week because we absolutely needed to eat some leftovers)
Monday: BBQ pork chops, macaroni and cheese and green salad
Tuesday: Out to eat (It's my birthday! oh, could this be the reason for my funk?)
Wednesday: Chicken Cordon Bleu (stolen from Michelle), some kind of potato and fried okra
Thursday: Red beans and rice with smoked sausage and cornbread
Friday/Saturday Chicken Tacos (this may wait until next week, depends on what the weekend looks like, I seriously may go on strike)

No more procrastinating. I'm starting a load of laundry, cleaning up the breakfast dishes and hitting the shower. I WILL get this done. It will make me feel productive..right? I'll go with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did it go. Are you done being being productive?

Paula said...

I'm TRYING!! I did get to the commissary, then did two loads of laundry. Oh, and the kitchen is clean. I think that's enough for a Sunday!

My Army Life said...

I sooooo know this feeling! Hate it, but know it well. Sounds like you were able to recover, though. I'm proud of you!!

Followers