Monday, March 22, 2010

The week ahead...

This week's menu:
Sunday: Chicken Tacos/Nachos
Monday: Steak with horseradish cream, sauteed mushrooms and sweet potato fries (all from southbeach diet cookbook)
Tuesday: Turkey and white bean chili (also a southbeach diet recipe)
Wednesday: Spanish Rice casserole with a green salad
Thursday - Sunday: Nick and I will be on the Big Island of Hawaii!!

I've been a research geek the last few days looking for things to do on the Big Island. We want to see the active volcano of course. Since we only have a couple of days we'll probably hang around that area. We'll be staying at the Kilauea Military Camp. They have cottages there with fireplaces, kitchens and jacuzzi tubs! It's quite a bit cooler on the Big Island because of the altitude so I'm looking forward to wearing jeans, a sweatshirt and enjoying a small fire in our little cabin.

Tonight I made the Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos I had planned to make on Friday or Saturday. They are delicious and oh so easy! 

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos


Ingredients:

1 pkg chicken (frozen works best)
1 jar salsa
1/2 to 1 packet taco seasoning (if you don't have it, throw in some cumin, oregano, salt, etc)
a little bit of water (1/4 c. or so, I think)
Cook on low for ~6-8 hours.

After it's cooked, shred the chicken and mix it up with some of the remaining cooking liquid. Use it to make anything -- quesadillas, tacos, burritos, salad, etc


I made amazing nachos with them for Nick and I had a taco salad with them since I'm cutting back on the calories and carbs.

3 comments:

HellcatBetty said...

YUMMY!!! I need to go dig out our slow cooker now!

Anonymous said...

Okay, yeah...that looks awesome! I'm so ready to be moved into our new house so I can try recipes in our new crock pot!! Yum :)

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

That looks amazing and I adore anything that goes in the crock pot.

Followers