Monday, March 8, 2010

The joy of working out...NOT!!

As I continue to prepare my body for the ex-wife run in…I’ve started going to the gym. I am no gym rat, and frankly, I don’t trust those who are. It’s just not natural to me. I’ve been hitting the elliptical for around 30-35 minutes (this is huge for me) and trying to add more time. At home, I use my hand weights to reduce the wingspan I’ve formed on my arms. Blech. I do push-ups and sit-ups as well. I don’t know why.


I’m trying to find my “zone” while working out. I have to do something to occupy my mind because, honestly, I get bored. I have my music, the gym has TV, but sometimes (most of the time) Sports Center just doesn’t do it for me.

Today I let my mind wander. I thought about our upcoming move and how we were going to make it all work. There are so many facets in this one that it overwhelms me. One kid going off to college in Texas, dogs need to be flown over, two vehicles to ship. Where do we fly in? California and take a road trip to RI (just shoot me) or Texas to see kids and start from there. We need to snag Alex from North Dakota at some point as he makes his home with us from now on. Lots of logistics and unfortunately, the Army made my man an Engineer, not a logistician. He can handle it.. he always does.

Anyway, my thoughts got me through the work out today. Music was great and it doesn’t hurt that I ended my session with Elton John’s “The Bitch is Back” appropriate for a visit to the ex-wife.don’t you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DH is a logistician and the skills do not seem to carry over to home life. Go figure!
lynn

Paula said...

Yeah, I can see that. My dh is an engineer..do you think he's jumping through hoops to "fix" things around here??

Followers