Saturday, June 12, 2010

What I'm Reading

Recently, I wrote about participating in a Summer Reading Challenge. I haven't been able to start yet, because I got involved in this book:

I mentioned that I was reading this a few weeks ago. I also mentioned how much I've always admired this first lady. I was really excited to read her biography. Normally, it doesn't take me 3 weeks to read a book, even one as long as this one. I'm one of those obsessive types. Once I get started, I really get into it and I read A LOT. I had a little trouble with this one for some reason. It's a great book, don't get me wrong, but it's deep. She goes into great detail the projects she worked on as first lady, her feelings as she watched her husband struggle with the challenges his presidency faced and the joy they experienced in so many different circumstances. I loved the book. I had originally thought I would keep it to re-read one day, but I've decided to donate it to the very small library we have here on our Army post. I want to share it.
Now I've officially started the reading challenge. I went to the library a week or so ago so I'd have a book to start when I finished this one. I checked out three books on the list. I may have over extended myself. Even for a quick reader like me, these three will probably take a while.
I started with:

I just started this yesterday and am already very deeply involved. It's about a young Jewish man trying to get an education in the Nazi era of Europe. I can't wait to turn the next page! I will write more about this book and link it to the original challenge at The Booking Mama's blog.
If you're interested in joining this challenge, please check out the Booking Mama's page to see what to do. I figure with the traveling I'll be doing, I can take advantage of plane and car trips to catch up on reading.

No comments:

Followers