Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Year of Change

2010 was definitely a year of transition for us.
In February, Nick left a very successful battalion command. It was bittersweet for both of us but we were excited about what the future held for us.

In the spring, J.D. and Meghan announced their engagement. As I've mentioned before, we love her and we're so excited to watch them start their lives together (and give me grandbabies!!)


In May, Callie K graduated from high school. We flew from Hawaii to Fargo, ND to watch her walk across the stage. We were very proud to see this accomplishment.

In July we moved to Rhode Island, leaving the paradise of Hawaii to experience a year in New England.

Alex moved with us to Rhode Island to live with us permanently. We were beyond excited to have him with us.

In August Callie A officially moved out and started her life at TWU and living in the dorm.



 In October, Shalynne and Jimmy were married and quickly moved to Hawaii for him to report to his new duty station. This resulted in me not spending Christmas with her for the first time in her 23 years. It was tough for me but I'm so proud of her and happy for the two of them.


2010 has been a great year. Change doesn't have to be negative. We are looking forward to even more changes (and another move) in 2011. Who knows what the future holds!
Happy New Year, everyone. I hope 2011 brings you health, happiness and peace.

2 comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Wow. Seeing it all in print in one place . . . You have had a HUGE year! I'm impressed. I think if I had all of that in a year I'd be in a corner somewhere sucking my thumb. You're amazing!

Loopy said...

Happy New Year!!!
Moving from Hawaii to Rhode Island, that's not an easy transition. I don't think I would have made it with my sanity in one piece. Any idea where you'll go next?

Followers