Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Menu

I can't believe today is the last day of January! Where has the month gone? Wasn't it just yesterday we were all blogging about taking Christmas decorations down and putting them away?  January has been a bit blue for me, but I'm determined to perk up for February. It's a short month and before you know it.. it will be March and I'll be headed to Texas then having my foot cut on.
Nick and I are still doing our "no white" diet. I'm hovering at the 5-6 pound loss, which is typical for me. I'm going to step it up this week by finally incorporating some exercise. (yuck) As soon as I finish typing this out, I'm headed across the street to our community center (yes it's that close) to get on the elliptical. I'm hoping the boo boo foot allows me to get at least 20 minutes in.
This week's menu
Sunday: Taco Soup
Monday: Artichoke chicken and broccoli (South Beach Diet Cookbook)
Tuesday: Beef with asparagus and mushrooms (another SBD recipe)
Wednesday: Chicken stir fry
Thursday: Slow Cooker San Francisco Pork Chops
Friday: Hamburgers, Sweet Potato fries
Saturday/Sunday Italian Hoagie Bake  (normally our cheat day, but I'm thinking of switching to Super Bowl Sunday!)
I have been buying about two rotisserie chickens per week to add to salads and just have a little easy protein handy. I'm trying to hang in there for one more week before I start adding a few whole grains back into my diet. Otherwise, I may lose it.
I'm hooking up with Michelle over at Married/Single Parent for a weekly menu hop. Join us if you make your own menu.

3 comments:

JG said...

You are doing so well. We tried going carb free and it wasn't for us. SoldierMan prefers to Slimfast it. :) I admire you for sticking with it!

Emily said...

January was a pretty blue month for me as well. I've also decided to turn over a new leaf. Good point. February is a short month! Spring is practically just around the corner. :) Good luck at the gym! Seems every night I think to myself "Tomorrow is the day!" and then the next day I never make it to the gym, lol.

Muchelle said...

great job on the 6 lbs! i love elliptical machines. wish i would of bought one instead of my treadmill. i'm currently running and i hate it! if you figure out how to love the whole exercise thing let me know. *lol*

Followers