Friday, January 28, 2011

What's On My Mind

I seem to have LOTS on my mind lately and since I can't seem to put an interesting blog post together, I thought I'd throw my thoughts out there.

* My current diet/weight loss journey is definitely taking up some brain power. I'm struggling to find meals that I will enjoy and that are fairly easy to prepare. Then there's the picky boy in the house that sometimes has to have a separate meal. I have to say, I'm starting to get bored with this and that's not a good sign. I'm going to have to introduce a few new things to keep this up.
*JD and Meghan's wedding rehearsal dinner. Since this is our responsibility I need to get busy on it. It's difficult to do from so far away, not to mention it's in a city I'm not familiar with so I have no clue what would be a good venue. I seriously need to get moving on this.
*My upcoming surgery. My foot is really bothering me lately and I seriously wish I could do it tomorrow and get it over with. It would be so nice to have it behind me when I go to Texas in mid-March instead of looking to do it as soon as I return. I'm also a little worried about the results. Leaving it the same is not an option, but having the ends of two nerves removed is a little scarey. I wonder how having numbness in that area will affect me.
*Wondering what the Army is going to do with us this summer. Nick graduates from the War College on 10 June and we'll be ready to move.  We have the wedding to attend on the 25th of June so I can't even know right now if we'll pack out before or after the wedding. It all depends on where we're going. Will he get a command? If so, will we be able to pre-position to the area where he'll take command in 2012? If not, what will we do for a year? Move Alex to yet another high school? Will Nick get a brigade command or a district command? Being in the Corps of Engineers both are possible. Which do I prefer? I'm torn.
It doesn't really matter what I want concerning command or the move. The Army is going to do what the Army is going to do. I can research several different options and think I have my ducks in a row just to have them say something I hadn't even considered. (coming to The Naval War College is a great example of that)
So, my mind is wandering. It's bringing me down a little. The cold dreary weather isn't helping.
I'm so glad it's Friday. Tomorrow is cheat day and I'm going to enjoy it! Nick has Monday off so I'm hoping we can do something fun on Sunday as a family. We have a chance of more snow, so it may be simply movies at home. I found Lonesome Dove on Netflix and I'm SO excited to introduce it to Alex. I was the first to show it to Nick after we were married. It's one of my all time favorite movies.
Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

JG said...

Wow, you're going to PCS already?? You're right, anything is possible. It's hard not to get your hopes up for something, though.

USMCWIFE said...

I have no doubt you will figure it all out. I am joining Weight Watchers tomorrow. I figure I have nothing to lose..well actually I have about 25 pounds to lose..lol. Anyhow I will be sure to blog about it so stay tuned!

Followers