Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Heavenly Pioneer Woman Dinner (supper)

I have discovered The Pioneer Woman. Oh my, this is a woman after my own heart. After digging through her web site, I ordered this:
I am not kidding you when I say that I read the whole book in one sitting. It's not only full of yummy recipes, but amazing photos and stories of her home life and family.
Tonight's dinner was PW's Rib-eye Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce. Since this recipe is in her book, I'm not going to post it here. It almost seems like stealing. However, I will tell you that the whiskey cream sauce was so good, that when I went to wash the pan, it was all I could do not to lick the bottom first. My husband RAVED about this steak and sauce. It's to die for.
I found this on her web site:
These are called Crash Hot Potatoes. Oh, MY, GOODNESS, are they yummy!
You can find this recipe here:
She uses rosemary on hers, I used green onions. (don't tell, but I put a little grated cheddar on these after they came out of the oven...sinful!)

I am a new fan of the Pioneer Woman. I can't wait to make more meals out of her book and off her site.

5 comments:

prettyinink0402 said...

HOLY AMAZING! I'm sooo excited...I lovvveeee to cook!!! Those potatoes look incredible! Thanks for sharing...I think my husband will smile with these bad boys sitting next to a steak!

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I've made quite a few of her recipes as well :):) Love em! We actually had her lasagna tonight for supper...YUM!

Renee said...

The potatoes look delicious!! I will definitely put this book on my list of things to do for the next 399 days!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Those potatoes are a favorite around here. What I do is put a bunch of little potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot. Then I place a whole, seasoned chicken on top and slow roast it. When the chicken is done I remove it and the potatoes and then use the potatoes for this recipe. Cooking with the chicken all day gives them amazing flavor.

Muchelle said...

those potatoes look delish! i can't wait to check out her site.

Followers