Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Corn Sticks?

The other day, Nick and I were shopping at the Air Force Base's BX. I came across this:

I had to have it. It reminded me of the pan my grandmother had and used for cornbread. I couldn't wait to use it. Tonight's dinner was Taco Soup with Cornbread.  You know I had to use the new pan.
This is what it looked like:

Not so pretty, huh?
So I pulled them out of the pan:

Not exactly what I had hoped, but they were cute enough. I'm thinking that because this pan is a re-production and not an original, it's making the difference. Maybe I'm over thinking it and they are really fine.
The cornbread was tasty!
I can't wait to get back on the mainland to browse through real antique shops and find some treasures!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Awwww... Paula~ I remember my Mom having one of these cornbread skillets! I wonder what ever happened to it?! What memories!!! Where are you going to on the mainland?

Paula said...

Renee, we're headed to Rhode Island. I may freeze to death! It's only for a year while my husband attends the Naval War College.

Followers