Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Time in Texas

I know I haven't posted in a few days, but it's been a whirlwind!
Sunday, we spent the day with my future daughter-in-law's family and had a blast. They have a lovely home and it was very relaxing. Our boy cooked burgers and hot dogs and we enjoyed a feast. We played games after dinner and sat out on their deck and watched the kids throw a ball around. Almost a perfect day.
I took no pictures because I forgot my camera.. way to go, mom!
Monday and Tuesday found us back at TWU getting paperwork done and looking around more. We have now finished the process to get an appeal started for in-state tuition, housing applications are done, and the vaccination required to live in the dorm has been injected into my little girl.
Today we've relaxed for the most part. We are headed to Arlington later to watch the Texas Rangers play baseball. It's dollar hotdog night. I don't think that went unnoticed when my son bought the tickets. I'm looking forward to a baseball game. It's been years since I've gone to one.
Here are some photos from the last few days.

Monday night at BJ's brew house. This pizza was delish! I wish I had a slice right now.
Here are a few photos from last night's trip to the Fort Worth Stock Yards.

I had some, and they were delicious!!

My son with the Longhorn. He's a HUGE Longhorn fan.

My little girl on a saddle. Clearly, this is not a familiar thing to her.

Brisket? On a Taco? Oh yes it is!!  Callie ordered these and said they were SO good. Notice the jalapenos my little Texas girl piled on there!!


3 comments:

JG said...

Oooohhhhh...BJs.....I miss BJs! You are killing me with all this wonderful food! :)

You have a gorgeous family! :)

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

Oh my goodness! That pizza looks heavenly!! Glad you're enjoying yourself :)

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Yeah, she needs to work on her seat a bit. :) Other than that though, it looks like she'll fit right in. And how nice that you'll be able to visit them both with one trip!

Followers