Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekly Menu 21-26 Feb

Sunday: Taco soup with cornbread
Monday: Stuffed salmon, asparagus and rice
Tuesday: Roast beef, potatoes and carrots
Wednesday: leftovers (my bunco night)
Thursday: lemon, herb & pepper pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes & salad
Friday: BBQ pork sandwiches and oven fries

Since I've started making a menu before hitting the commissary, it's amazing how much my grocery bill has reduced. I cook a yummy meal almost every night and am still saving money. It also takes the stress off every day cooking. I post the menu on my kitchen bulletin board and check it every morning so I can defrost something or crank up the crock pot!

2 comments:

Muchelle said...

Looks like a yummy week. I'm thinking of grabbing your taco soup for next week. Can't wait to see how you prepare your sweet potatoes. I'm the only one that eats them here so it's very rare I make them.

Paula said...

My family LOVES sweet potatoes. I usually roast them in the oven. Cut into wedges or even "sticks" like fries. A little olive oil, salt and pepper. Sometimes I wrap them in foil and just bake them. Super yummy.

Followers