Thursday, April 7, 2011

Update

I sat down to write an update on my surgery and recovery and realized how much like an old lady I am.  It’s as if I have nothing else to talk about other than my surgery. Oh my. It’s a sad state of affairs.
Anyway, here it is.
I went to the doc on Wednesday morning. He took the stitches out and said everything looks like it’s healing very well. He gave me the ok to walk on it and exercise (without high impact) as is comfortable for me. 
I have to admit, I was uneasy about putting a shoe on and trying to walk with two recent incisions on the ball of my foot. But, Nick pushed me, like he does, and I put a tennis shoe on after we got home. It felt so strange after hobbling around on the back of my foot for two weeks. It wasn’t long before I was walking around pretty well. I am still not completely bending the foot, just walking kind of stiffly, but it’s better every day. I’m hoping to get to the gym next week to at least ride the bike for a bit. I’m also able to drive now, if it’s comfortable. I can make my facial appointment on Tuesday and schedule a hair appointment!  Yay for some pampering.
It was so nice to get out yesterday, even if it was to go to the clinic. It was the first time I’d been out in two weeks and that trip was just to the clinic and back as well. It’s amazing how things change in two weeks. The farm down the road had more sheep out and was starting to green up a bit. It looks like spring is finally trying to come to New England, but it’s dragging it’s feet!
I got a shot of this a little while ago. It’s right outside my front door. I didn’t even know it was there until I walked out the front yesterday. I’m missing out! 
IMG_1585

I am loving watching things sprout up in my yard. I have a few others in the back that I don’t really know what they are. I will try to get photos of those later.
On a positive note… I’m going out tomorrow night. Nick and I will be joining our good friends and neighbors to hit our favorite watering hole, Pour Judgment. I have been craving it!  The fries with the smoked gouda cheese sauce. YUM.
I’m working on next week’s menu. I would love input on some new things to cook. I’m clueless!!

2 comments:

Muchelle said...

I'm glad to hear your foot is doing so well. You can't consider yourself an old lady until we start chatting about what medications we are on. *lol* Keep taking it easy.

Debbie said...

What a great name for a place - Pour Judgment! Love it!
Glad to hear that you are healing well.

Followers