Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Movie

We made a commitment a while back to do one family thing every weekend. Since the weather has been so cold/nasty/yucky..whatever you want to call it, our options have been limited on activities.  So, we’ve turned to Netflix and pay per view movies to fill our time.  Saturday night, we chose the movie “Grown Ups” to watch.

I have to admit, when I saw the cast, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Kevin James,  Rob Schneider and the like, I figured it would be goofy, at best.  I was mistaken.  This was a great family movie. It was funny, it had real meaning, and still had enough..um… shall we say, “hot girls and sexual hints” for a 15 year old boy without making me shudder.  I really loved Adam Sandler’s character and the lesson he gave his children toward the end of the movie.  We all enjoyed the movie and I do recommend it if you want a family friendly movie, which I’m finding harder and harder to find.
Oh, and let me add that Grown Ups had a rockin' sound track! I'm seriously thinking of downloading it to my iPod. Nick and I both made several comments during the movie about how good the music was.
Speaking of Netflix, so far, I’ve only subscribed to the online/wireless version and I’m a little disappointed at the selection.  I realize that for a  mere $2.00 more per month, I could have DVDs delivered to my house and have way more options. I’m thinking seriously of doing this, especially since I’ll be homebound for a few weeks after my foot surgery.  Anybody have Netflix? What do you think? Do you use it often enough for it to pay for itself?
I have a busy week ahead. Tomorrow is the last day home before flying to Texas. Sunday is my future daughter-in-law Meghan’s bridal shower in my old home town. She’s not from that town so these are my friends and JD’s buddies’ moms who are giving this shower. I’m very excited to see some people I haven’t seen in around five years. I’m also excited to see Callie for one night before she flies off to Hawaii to spend spring break with her love and her sister. (they are both there now)  I return to Rhode Island on Monday, one week from today, then am facing my surgery a few days later. I’ll admit, I’m a little apprehensive about the surgery. I know it’s the thing to do, nothing else has worked, but I am apprehensive none the less. I’ll be glad when it’s over and I am recovered. I have a feeling that three weeks with no weight on my right foot may be enough to send me right over the edge. I’ll be needing some entertainment!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Paula we love Netflix and use it constantly. Even before my divorce, with just my husband and me at home, we got more than our money's worth. I say go for it! You're right about the wireless version being disappointing.
I hope you have a wonderful trip to Texas.

Bring Pretty Back said...

I have Netflix, but I have the mail version. I love it! I have never tried the wireless version.
I also thought that movie would be too goofy to watch~ But... Now.. I have to see it! Thank you for the review!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Followers