Sunday, February 27, 2011

What I’m Reading

I don’t blog much about books and reading, there are plenty of those blogs out there, but I since I’ve set a goal to read 100 books this year, I’m going to write a little to keep myself accountable.  Truthfully, I need to step back and count what I’ve read already. I don’t even know where I am in this 100 book goal.  While doing this reading, I’m trying to get as many book as possible from the local library.  We have a very nice library here and the luxury of a bookmobile that comes right to my neighborhood once a week.  So, I’m hoping I can get a good start on this reading goal.

Last week, at the library, I checked out the book “ The Plain Truth” By Jodi Picoult. 

untitled

 

I have only read one other book by this author and it was “My Sister’s Keeper” at  a friend’s recommendation. It was a fabulous book.  I decided, because of that last book, I would check her out again. This one is no disappointment. It’s about blending the Amish world with the world we know.  A young Amish girl is accused of birthing and murdering a newborn baby. A worldly attorney, who is starting over in her life at  age 39, takes her defense in court.  I’m not finished with this book yet, but can’t wait to get back to it. Jodi seems to really pull me in and has very lifelike characters.

I am not going to pretend to be good at reviewing books, but I will share my reads once in a while. I do love to read but I realize, that my reading choices can be considered “fluff” to some.

I’m also looking forward to reading some fiction based on history here in my small town. I need to do a bit more research, then plug my finds into the local library’s website, and sit back and wait on the bookmobile.  What a deal, huh?

4 comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I really enjoy most of Piccoult's books. I haven't read this one yet but now I want to!

USMCWIFE said...

The book she wrote that really moved me the most was "The Pact"..it was really deep and moving.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

I really enjoy Jodi Picoult's books...I think there are maybe two I didn't care for but otherwise I consider her one of my favorite authors!

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

Can you believe I've never read any of her books?? This one sounds good though...I love books that focus on some aspect or character who is a part of an Amish community. Will have to give this one a try :)

Followers