Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekly Menu

I can’t believe it’s Sunday night again. I started writing out a post for LAST week’s menu but never got it posted. That’s how far behind I am. I did finish a menu today for this week, made a grocery list and pulled coupons to go along with it. I’m feeling accomplished already and I haven’t even started the week yet.
This week’s menu is:
Sunday: Nick and I went out for an adult Valentine’s Dinner
Monday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and broccoli
Tuesday: Chicken parmesan with salad
Wednesday: Grandma’s Beef Casserole
Thursday: Corned beef and cabbage (something Nick’s been wanting but I haven’t been able to find at the store until today and I am NOT making my own corned beef)
Friday or Sat: Farmgirl’s Chicken and Dumplings
We take Alex to the airport early Friday morning to spend a week in Fargo with his mom. It’s his winter break. I’ve never heard of a school giving a Christmas break, winter break AND a spring break. It must be nice.
So, I don’t know if we’ll eat the chicken and dumplings on Friday or Saturday.
I realized last week that we are less than 6 months from another move and it’s time to start cleaning out the pantry again. Didn’t I just do this?  I’m really hoping this next duty station is for at least 3 years. If everything works as it should, we will be there at least 3 years, maybe even four. As a lot of us know, the Army doesn’t always work the way we think it should. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that this move is on the continent and not overseas. I may lose it if I have to do another overseas move again so soon.
Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Followers