Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Project 365! (And a BIG Thank You)



IMG_1480
Here is a photo of my men from this morning. They both had to wear their uniforms to school. Alex is in the JROTC program at his high school, and was recently promoted to (Cadet) Sergeant First Class. Nick has been wearing civilian clothes since he’s been in school here, but today they are doing an exercise and he is to “brief” the class on his part of the program.
I do love a man in uniform Smile
I also want to thank all of you who commented on yesterday’s more serious post about my role in Alex’s life. It touched me that first, you all were patient enough to read through the whole thing, and secondly, you gave me your own words of wisdom and encouragement.  Last night, Alex and I worked on his English paper. He had to do a thesis on “The Great Gatsby”   I had decided several weeks ago to read the book along with him. It had been a long time and I needed to refresh my memory. We had a great time writing the paper together and discussing the book. We will finish the paper today and hopefully, get a good grade on it.  So, in closing, your advice (and JD’s) on just loving and nurturing him is spot on. I’m holding my tongue and loving on him. I have received two hugs and “thank yous” from him in the last two days. First, for making him a heart shaped brownie for Valentine’s Day, secondly, for helping him write his paper.  His exact words were “Thanks for the help, I was really stuck”, along with a hug and a kiss. It does my heart good.

No comments:

Followers