Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Ho Ho Ho!

Can Christmas really be over already? I always feel like this..like I didn't get everything accomplished and that I didn't spend as much time with loved ones as I wanted. On the other hand, I've had a wonderful holiday. We enjoyed JD and Meghan so much and Callie is still here for a few more days.
Nick has been off work and for the first time ever, he's not eating up his leave. One more perk to being enrolled in a senior service members school!
JD and Meghan left Christmas eve. Callie and I made a fabulous dinner yesterday complete with fried turkey. She missed out on cooking Thanksgiving dinner so she really wanted to cook something for Christmas. We had a great time and the food was amazing.
We had Christmas a little early with the kids since JD and Meghan were leaving. I did very, very well!
I'll post some random photos from that night. Here are the girls trying to get the dogs ready for a picture in front of the tree.




Clearly they were having a difficult time.

One of my gifts from Nick. He wrapped it himself. Not too bad, huh?

Callie opening gifts.

J.D. inspecting one of his gifts. I love it when the kids really get into their presents. Notice he has pajama pants across his legs and his book open. He immediately dug right in! Meghan is checking out her "Pacific" DVD set.

Callie showing off new boots.

The girls modeling new pajamas, socks and sweaters. Cute!

Nick's new Star Wars pancake molds and spatula. We, of course, had pancakes the next morning!
I will post photos and comments about my fabulous gifts later. I really enjoyed ALL of my presents this year.
Happy Sunday everyone. I'm going to enjoy my Christmas tree and music for a little while longer. I'm just not ready to give it up. It doesn't hurt that it's snowing outside and we have heavy snow/blizzard conditions on the way. Nick is headed to the store for me and we're hunkering down. Sounds like it's time to break out the Wii!

3 comments:

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I love the way Christmas presents seem to bring out the kid in everyone :) even the most sophisticated lose control over shiny wrapping and bows!!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I hope you got pictures of the pancakes!

Loopy said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I also hope you got pictures of those pancakes.

Followers