Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quietly Productive

I have had a fairly quiet day. By quiet I guess I really mean that I wasn't frantic and unorganized so much today. I really got a lot done, but in a nice quiet way.
I walked this morning with my two neighbors. I haven't mentioned that I've met the two most fabulous women right here in my new neighborhood. We have so much in common. Kids in the same school, one of the ladies just sent her kid off to college as I sent mine off. Our husbands are in the exact same position so there is no rank playing or weirdness with that. We are definitely peers and that's a welcome change in the military world.
After my walk where we talked and chatted and planned our potluck tomorrow night, I came home to clean house. I dusted, vacuumed and swept my kitchen. I changed the sheets on my bed, did the laundry and then realized I still have half a bag of apples that truly need to be taken care of.
I pulled out my book and made a batch of apple sauce. It was seriously so easy and I put them in little freezer jars and was done. I didn't have the TV on, but listened to the local classic rock station which seriously rocks. I sang, slung apples around and then cleaned my kitchen again.
The weather was lovely. Cool and slightly breezy. I actually took a few minutes to lie down on the couch, pulled the throw over me and took a power nap this afternoon.
What a lovely day!
Tomorrow I need to make an appetizer to take to our potluck. I have no idea what I'm making so I'll be at the store. Nick has a "study" day so he'll be home. The commissary is having a big sale so I'll probably swing by there.
I love weekends and here we are already. I'm listening to it rain and thinking it's great sleeping weather!

2 comments:

JG said...

Sounds like a great day! I had a quiet one, too, but not nearly so productive. :)

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Oh my goodness - that sounds like the perfect day. Of course it makes me feel old that a day of quiet housekeeping sounds wonderful, but it's true!

Followers