Before I get into the Q and A part of this, I want to say a word or two about JG. I absolutely love reading her blog. She writes about so many different things but they are always well thought out and researched. More than a few times JG has written a posting that really made my brain work. I just love this young woman!
Ok, on to the fun!!
This tagging thing is fun and really simple. I will answer the questions of the person who tagged me, and then create more questions and tag 8 other people to answer my questions. Easy, peasy!
Here are the questions asked of me:
1. When someone tells you to "go to your happy place," where do you go? Hmm... in my mind, I am somewhere with all of our children. I spend way too much time worrying about the kids who aren't with me all the time and when they are with me, I somehow feel that everything in the world is ok and no one gets hurt.
2. You're in a room with a stranger - who will certainly die tomorrow. What do you say to them?
I would definitely find something affirming to say to a dying person. I would want them to leave this world knowing they did some good and were loved, even if I had to make it up.
3. What one TV show would you like to be on (reality or fiction)?
Parenthood. Lately, I just want to tell them all to shut up and leave Adam alone. Good grief the man has enough stress without trying to fix his brothers and sisters. Besides, I want the house the parents live in and their backyard.
4. How many facebook friends do you have? 215! Even I was surprised at that number! I really only communicate with around 20. I actually do go through and delete sometimes, but then I get a friend request back from them and feel weird. Why do people have facebook accounts, ask for friends then never participate? Are they stalking? Lurking? What is it???
5. What did you have for dinner last night? We actually went out to a local pub for dinner last night. Nick and I love bar food. We had a couple of beers and appetizers. Stuffies (aka stuffed quahogs), hot wings and fries with a smoked gouda cheese sauce. Those fries with that cheese sauce was one of the best things I've ever eaten. I can't wait to go back!
6. Describe yourself in 200 words or less. (this one is hard!) Physically, I'm a middle aged woman (is 45 past middle aged?), short, a little overweight, and starting to show my years. I'm vain so that bothers me. I just haven't figured out what to do about it yet.
More importantly my personality traits are these; I am a woman that tries to do it all. I want a nice home, well cooked food, clean laundry, a healthy and happy family. I try to do too much and then I want to do nothing at all. I like to be in control of my surroundings. I am anal about the strangest things but could care less about other things. It drives my husband crazy! I am a giver. I love doing for others. I want to be appreciated when I give to others. I have a soft heart. I cry at the drop of a hat. I think there is too much sadness in this world and I try to find the beautiful and the happy. I miss my kids like crazy. I wish they lived closer and I could just take care of them forever. I know, it's unrealistic, but it's the truth. I love how independent they are, but still miss them so much.
I didn't count the words, hopefully I'm within 200. That's just me rattling it off the top of my head. No real thought went into that.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve? My first thought was laziness or low effort. I really can't stand that. Then I thought of lying. I really really can't stand that. To make it seem to fit, isn't lying in a way, laziness?
8. What is the thing that, when it happens, you think, "Today is going to be a good day"?
It truly depends on the circumstances. When my husband was deployed I would've said "getting to talk to Nick in the morning or hearing from him" Now that he's home, just waking up and knowing my loved ones are ok means it's a good day.
Okay, now I make up 8 questions and tag 8 people.
1. If you could go back and start all over at the age of 21, would you? Why or why not?
2. What would be the perfect pet for you?
3. If you were a car, what kind would you be?
4. What is in the floor of your closet?
5. If you had the chance to do anything you wanted for a living, what would it be?
6. If you had the chance to spend one day with someone who is gone from your life, how would you spend it?
7. Describe yourself in 200 words or less. (sorry, I stole that one)
8. What is your favorite holiday? How would you spend it if you could have your way?
Michelle at Married/Single Parent
Patti at Peppermint Ph.D.
Mindee at Our Front Door
Nadine at The Albrecht Sqauad
The Mrs. at Trying Our Best (sorry I don't know your first name)
Emily at Scatterbrained Frame of Mind
Laura at Being Loopy
Jackie at The Outpost (Jackie is a real life BFF)
I can't wait to hear what you all have to say!