Monday, February 13, 2012

Home Sweet Home

My trip to Hawaii is over. My time with baby Jackson is finished, for now.
I can't tell you how hard it was to leave him. I remember my mom telling me, after my first child was born, that there is nothing quite like having a grand child. She was right. I'm ready to trade all my kids in for this one baby. It's insane.
The last couple of days there, I was constantly posting to my facebook page about how wonderful my grandson is, and how sad I was to be leaving him. My husband finally responded to one post, "Um, hello, we need you home. Sincerely, your husband.
Another day, when I was lamenting about leaving, Nick wrote as a response, we have food for one more day, then we eat the wiener dog. Well, I knew then I had to get home.
Needless to say, neither my husband, nor my son were on the verge of starvation. It was all done for dramatic effect.
I will say, that they didn't put much effort into eating. Instead of preparing the easy to make meals I had left, pasta, frozen lasagna, soups, etc. They stopped at the little store down the street and bought frozen meals. Ugh... that's just not right. I think they had frozen pizza at least three times and frozen something else another time.
It made my first night home a breeze. I threw some frozen meatballs in a pot of pre-made marinara, boiled up some pasta, baked some rolls and I was a hero. They are such simple creatures.
Since arriving home, I've caught up on laundry, scrubbing bathrooms and shopping for groceries. Tomorrow starts the first week back and I have meetings, phone calls and emails to catch up on.
It's good to be home, but I must say, I miss that sweet baby boy and his snuggles. I wonder when I can go back?
Sweet baby hugs. This was my last day there.

2 comments:

Renee said...

So great that you made it home before the guys withered away! I know you hated leaving that sweet Jackson. I love this picture!

JG said...

What a sweet picture! Haha, that makes me think of the last time SoldierMan went on a FTX. He was going to be gone less than a week, but the night before he left, he looked at me with a very concerned expression and said, "What will you eat while I'm gone?" Like *I'm* not the one who does all the grocery shopping, meal planning and cooking! It cracked me up. :)

Followers